Michael A. Stelzner, Founder of the Social Media Examiner developed this 50 page report on how Social Media is being adopted by industry and marketers. Here are the highlights.
Here’s a quick summary of our primary findings:
• Marketers place very high value on social media: A significant 92% of
marketers indicate that social media is important for their business, up from 86%
• Tactics and engagement are top areas marketers want to master: At least
89% of marketers want to know the most effective social tactics and the best
ways to engage their audience with social media.
• Blogging holds the top spot for future plans: A significant 68% of marketers
plan on increasing their use of blogging, making it the top area marketers will
invest in for 2014.
• Marketers want to learn most about Google+: While 54% of marketers are
using Google+, 65% want to learn more about it and 61% plan on increasing
Google+ activities in 2014.
• Podcasting on growth trajectory: Only 6% of marketers are involved with
podcasting, yet 21% plan on increasing their podcasting activities in 2014—a
more than three-fold increase—and 28% of marketers want to learn more about
• Facebook and LinkedIn are the two most important social networks for
marketers. When forced to only select one platform, 54% of marketers selected
Facebook, followed by LinkedIn at 17%.
• Most marketers aren’t sure their Facebook marketing is effective: Only 34%
of marketers (slightly more than one in three) think that their Facebook efforts
• Original written content is most important for social media marketing: A
significant 58% of marketers stated that original written content is the single
most important form of content, followed by original visual assets (19%).
The above summary is merely a taste of what’s in this report.